The Max Headroom Show (1985) Episode 1






Update (June 2018)  This might actually be the first episode- after doing further research I managed to find this quote from one of the producers, Peter Wagg: "the launch was spectacular. We had the Thursday night slot, which was Channel 4's movie-of-the-week slot, and the 6:00 half-hour [episode on Saturday]. The way we started the half-hour [music video] show, there were no opening titles. There were no credits for anybody. When it came to 6:00, it was just that satellite chssssssss, snow and buzz. And all of a sudden, Max was there. Like, bang! And he's talking in German, and he's telling this joke about lederhosen all in German, he's roaring with laughter during the whole thing, and then the first music video we played was a German music video." 
Source Link

I managed to find an old video tape of episodes from the first Max Headroom Show series from 1985. As I recall I originally recorded it on Betamax and then at some point in the 90's transferred it to VHS. I've now transferred it onto my pc and uploaded just the bits with Max on to YouTube - I removed the music as it would have been removed right away due to multiple copyright infringements, but as luck would have it all the videos featured are currently online so I also made a playlist, in the order they appeared on the show:


I've also uploaded or found links to the adverts on the tape:

No comments: